Going on organised day trips with the kids in tow can get a bit expensive but there are plenty of free things to see and do around Cairns. Here’s a few suggestions:
1. Cairns Esplanade – if your accommodation is in Cairns the Esplanade will save you money! The kids can easily spend the whole day at Muddy’s playground and the Lagoon. For older kids there’s also the skate park.
2. Lake Tinaroo – 2 playgrounds, swimming and canoe hire.
3. Waterfalls region (Cairns Highlands) – kids love to explore the short rainforest walks and look out for wildlife.
4. Creeks & water holes – there are heaps to visit with Crystal Cascades being the closest. Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy untouched natural beauty at its best.
5. Cairns Flecker Botanical Garden - kids love the maze-like pathways through mysterious vegetation, under shady branches, over bubbling creeks and past fragrant flowers.
Ask us for more ideas when you book your Cairns Apartments.
Your Add Here