The coastline in Far North Queensland is universally recognised as being one of the most beautiful in the world.
Australia and specifically Queenslanders can be justifiably proud of these magnificent and pristine beaches, which just have to be seen to be believed.
There are though, always a few words of caution to be expressed to holidaymakers anywhere in the world if you are planning to visit the sea. So, whether you are staying at the Sea Temple Port Douglas or any of our great holiday locations, we would always offer a few general guide points as follows.
- The biggest danger arising in the sea anywhere is that arising directly or indirectly from human activities. Just what safety precautions you need to take will depend upon what you are doing whether sailing, scuba diving or just plain swimming etc. However, always make sure you take local advice and use good common sense safety procedures relating to things such as life jackets and wet suits etc. Don’t think you know better!
- Keep an eye on younger children all the time when they are on the beach or anywhere near the ocean. Once again, that applies to any water anywhere in the world – including swimming pools.
- Don’t swim, snorkel or dive on a very full stomach or if you are feeling unwell. This is ancient advice and very sensible. If you’d like to know the medical explanation, don’t hesitate to ask!
- Make sure you use plenty of good waterproof sun cream when in the sea. It’sa complete though still widely-believed myth that you can’t get burned while you are in the water.
- Don’t exceed your limitations. If you are only a modest swimmer then don’t try and prove a point to your travelling companions or fellow guests by taking on Olympic distances at commensurate speeds. Exhaustion in the sea is a very common problem and it can be dangerous.
Most resorts will have some form of advisory service relating to safe bathing and recreation in the sea. If you are in any doubt you can also contact us or take advice from the expert staff at the Sea Temple Port Douglas or whichever hotel/apartment complex you’re staying in.
Your Add Here