1. Choose your time of year in accordance with research. January through March can be very wet months and if that’s not your scene, visit the area at another time of the year!
2. In Port Douglas accommodation is available in a wide variety of forms. Here at FNQ Apartments, we’d welcome the opportunity to help you match your requirements to one of our many local options.
3. Try to get out and about rather than spend your entire visit in your hotel or apartments complex – enticing as that prospect might be. This part of Far North Queensland is awash with interesting places to see and things to do. It’s not all about the beach and pool.
4. Don’t believe some of the ill-informed statements that are occasionally published relating to wildlife etc. This area is best regarded as relatively wild countryside but if you follow local advisory notices and where necessary, the advice of local experts, you will be able to get out and explore the surrounding countryside, beaches and coastlines in safety. We will gladly answer any questions that you might have on this or related subjects.
5. If you are an international visitor from a colder climate, remember that this area is tropical and that means it can be very hot at times. Remember to keep yourself hydrated and always use affective barrier creams to protect you from the worst effects of extensive sun exposure.
6. Book your Port Douglas accommodation as far ahead as possible. Although there are plenty of accommodation possibilities here, this area is also very popular and at certain times of the year competition for space in the most prestigious establishments can be high. So, if you like to avoid disappointment or needing to make extensive compromises on your requirements, it might be advisable to get to grips with a booking sooner rather than later.
These are just a few very basic tips but they may help you to find the accommodation you need and to enjoy your holiday to the maximum extent possible.
Once again, we’d be only too happy to hear from you if you’d like clarification on any of the above.
|PH: 1300 731 620 (within Aust)
International: + 61 7 4045 5091
Join us on Facebook
Your Add Here