- Barramundi. This is a great sport fish with a unique flavour.
- Coral trout. This is relatively plentiful in the seas around northern Queensland and some people will tell you it’s one of the best tasting fish around.
- Crocodile (aka ‘Bush Tucker’). If you never tasted it, don’t flinch! It’s a very juicy meat and something like a cross between pork and chicken. It can be served in a variety of different ways and is delicious.
- Kangaroo. OK, granted, you can find this in most parts of Australia. Even so,from your accommodation in Palm Cove, Cairns or Port Douglas, you’ll find restaurants preparing and serving it in ways you may not have experienced back home.
- Buffalo. This is another favourite in this area and the experts tell us that due to its lower cholesterol, it makes a great substitute for beef. It also more than stands favourable comparison with beef based upon taste alone.
- Emu. This is a red meat bird but with very low cholesterol and fat. It is also high in protein so makes pretty healthy as well as delicious eating.
|PH: 1300 731 620 (within Aust)
International: + 61 7 4045 5091
Join us on Facebook
Your Add Here