Sea Star Cruisesfrom $210
In only 1¼ hours the fast air-conditioned Seastar 1 can take you from Cairns to magnificent Michaelmas Cay, the largest of the local uninhabited coral cays. Cruising past Green Island, Upolu cay and Oyster reef Seastar is the first boat to arrive.
After an enjoyable time at Michaelmas Cay it is a short 20 minute cruise to the splendid Hastings Reef, sitting on the very outer edge. This is where the corals thrive, well out from the coast away from the influence of the rivers and streams, adjacent to the clear waters of the Pacific Ocean.
It is here you can experience the true wonders of this Outer Edge Reef, there are the coral caves, coral overhangs, deep water drop offs, coral canyons, swim throughs and shallow coral bays that are only metres from the port and starboard of the Seastar. Along the steep edges there are swirling schools of small fish, colourful parrot fish, turtles, giant clams, "friendly" little reef sharks, bright yellow butterfly fish, pairs of rabbit fish, countless varieties of brightly coloured damsel fish and of course, Nemo.
- Morning and Afternoon Tea/coffee
- Lunch - Already Suitable for vegetarians, includes 2 hot dishes and a selection of meats for others.
- Fully guided snorkel tours - 2 tours not 1 (one tour at each destination)
- Glass bottom boat tour at Hastings Reef
- Quality brand mask, snorkel and fins
- Optical masks - Ample selection of lenses available
- Wetsuit or stinger suit - Depending on the season
- Buoyancy vest - Category 2 safety vest
- Noodle - Solid style pool noodle
- Reef Interpretation "Reef Brief" - Based on Reef Teach of Cairns
- Island circumnavigation - For birding observation tours (weather dependant)
- Modern design Seastar 1 - Fast, comfortable and air-conditioned
- Photos taken daily by staff and uploaded onto Facebook Free of charge
What to bring:
Bathers, towel, suitable clothing, Sun Block and ...... A Big Smile!
Seastar Cruises daily boards at 7:30am, departing at 8:00am from Pier E1 at the Marlin Marina
Cairns and returns at approximately 4pm
Child Ages: 4-14 Years
Minimum age for diving is 12 years
Rates include: $15 Environmental Management Fee and Levies
In accordance with Australian Diving law, ALL DIVERS must complete a medical questionnaire
on board, before diving. Introductory Divers NOTE: Certain medical conditions may prevent you
from diving, (e.g. Asthma, Heart Disease), please contact our office. NO REFUNDS on
uncompleted Dives. Min. age 12 years. Certified Divers must show Certified Card. We
recommend wait 24 hours after multiple Dives prior to flying.